Koma has won his spot to play for the $100,000 in prizes at the HEX Invitational.
What’s your name, where are you from and how long have you been playing HEX?
1. Travis Murray, I’m from the small college town of Stillwater, Oklahoma. I was a kickstarter and began playing with the alpha release.
You just won the HEX IQ and will be going to California to play for the grand prize of $40.000. What went through your mind right after the last game? What are your thoughts now?
2. It took awhile to sink in. Initially, I was just thrilled to make the top 8 and didn’t think I could keep my win streak going. I was very fortunate throughout the entire tournament. Everything was coming up Millhouse.
What is it that you love about HEX? What makes you start up the game and battle it out with your fellow HEXers?
3. So many things. Let’s see, the convenience of being able to sit and play whenever without having to go to the local game store, the auction house, and the fact that we have one of the greatest communities out there!
What does HEX mean to you?
4. It allows me a convenient and competitive experience that is constantly changing due to new sets being released. Cough* Release set 4 already! Cough*
Could you tell us a little about the deck that carried you to victory in the HEX IQ?
5. I was playing a pretty standard Ruby/Wild ramp deck. My list was primarily based off of Funktion’s 2nd place IQ deck from the weekend prior. I changed a card or two here and there to suit my style.
If you were to win the HEX Invitational in February, what is it you’d do with the grand prize?
6. Go to Vegas and bet it all on black. Either that or be a boring responsible adult and put it towards my mortgage. Hmm…
Do you have a message to your fellow HEX IQ winners? Why do they need to be on the lookout for you?
7. Just that I am really excited to get a chance to meet the rest of you and play for the 100K in prizes. =)